Buying a Home
Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will make, with long-term financial considerations. It calls for many informed decisions and for good advice from a trusted real estate advisor. When buying a home, you can count on Karyn’s knowledge and skill as a Realtor to make this important purchase not only smooth but enjoyable!
What Karyn can do to help you buy the right home for you:
- She will help you determine how much home you can actually afford. Often, she can suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods, if needed. She can also introduce you to a mortgage counselor and arrange to have you "pre-approved" which can improve your negotiating position and enable you to achieve your home-buying objectives faster and with less stress.
- She will help you work out a realistic idea of the home best suited to your needs - size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, and other personal preferences.
- She has access to a list of all available homes in the multi-list system, can evaluate them in terms of your needs and affordability, and will not waste your time showing you unsuitable homes.
- She can often suggest simple, imaginative changes that could make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- She can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Although the law does not normally require an attorney to review documents or oversee real estate closings, she can provide you with a list of law practitioners to choose from if you would like to use the services of an attorney.
- She can negotiate with the listing agent to get you the best deal possible on your dream home. Many items can be negotiated on a sales contract such as price, terms, closing costs, repairs, and more.
- She can provide you with a list of qualified home inspectors, pest inspectors, surveyors, and help to coordinate inspection appointments.
- She can help you understand the benefits of important items such as title insurance and home warranties that protect you after closing and provide peace of mind for you as your enjoy your new home.
- She can help familiarize you with the closing process and she will obtain closing figures in advance of closing for your review.
- As your agent, she will be there to represent you, guide you, and provide professional advice through every step of the buying process.